CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion Pledge: What are Companies Actually Doing?
The CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ , currently the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance D&I within the workplace, was collectively formed and is led by a steering committee of CEOs and leaders from Accenture, BCG, Deloitte US, The Executive Leadership Council, EY, General Atlantic, KPMG, New York Life, P&G, and PwC. This commitment is driven by a realization that addressing diversity and inclusion is an important societal issue in which business leaders can play a huge role.
To date, according to a recent Fortune Magazine article, at least 175 companies have signed the pledge.
CEOs who have signed this pledge are essentially committing themselves and their organizations to do the following:
- Continue to make their workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Implement and expand unconscious bias education.
- Share both their most successful as well as their unsuccessful practices.
But what are these CEOs and their companies specifically doing?
That is the central question for i4cp’s upcoming Chief Diversity Officer Board Virtual Meeting on November 15, 2017. We are fortunate to have many members whose CEOs have signed the pledge, and we invite any non-member organizations that want to compare notes with their colleagues and collect a few more key practices to join us.
At this meeting, we will...
- Share some of the strategies and approaches currently used by participants;
- Explore what’s working and why it’s working;
- Take a look at what has not worked as expected, and discuss what can be done to either fix or replace these approaches;
- Consider what’s next for organizations on this bold and exciting journey.
Interested in joining the meeting?
If you are not a member of the i4cp Chief Diversity Officer Board and you want to know if you qualify to join us for this information-packed meeting, please contact us. We will arrange for a brief telephone discussion to learn more about where you are in your D&I journey and determine if attending this meeting is right for you.