What are the five domains?
i4cp adds science to the art of HR. Decades of our research has revealed that high-performance organizations excel in five key human capital areas. Our Five Domains of High-Performance model is grounded in those key areas, providing a roadmap that top organizations rely on for consistent excellence. In each of these domains, we are constantly discovering next practices that enhance the value of the people function by prioritizing workforce initiatives that realize greater business impact.
Membership in i4cp’s network provides organizations with the research, peers, tools, and data to maximize business impact across the five domains of high performance.
The key components
- Market – Is the organization prepared to anticipate, adapt, and act on the demands and changes in the market?
- Strategy – Are strategies aligned with markets? More importantly, is the organization aligned to ensure the execution of those strategies?
- Culture – Does the organization’s culture enable the workforce to execute the strategy at the speed the business requires?
- Leadership – Do leaders (at all levels) exemplify the behaviors that support the culture and allow the workforce to execute the strategy?
- Talent – Can the organization recruit, develop, and retain the right talent to maintain a competitive advantage and achieve desired business outcomes?
Our research approach
We have been studying the people practices of high-performance organizations for decades. We focus on organizations that excel in four key areas:
- Market share
- Revenue growth
- Customer satisfaction
We then compare their human capital practices to those of low-performance organizations. There is almost always a marked difference.