What information do we collect?
i4cp collects information about you when consent is provided through one of the following means:
- You or a representative of your organization establishes an enterprise account with us
- You submit your information to us via an online form, to contact us or access select content on the i4cp website
- You participate in a research survey
- A partner provides your contact information to us for an explicit initiative, i.e. a coordinated research project
The information collected usually involves your name, email address, job title and organization name. State/province/zip code and other organizational details such as number of employees, headquarters location, etc., may be asked in select situations.
Within research surveys, providing this information is always entirely optional; you can participate in research surveys while remaining completely anonymous and will not be required to provide personal identifying information. Even if you do, your information will remain confidential and will not be published in i4cp research reports.
How do we use personal information?
Personal information provided to create i4cp accounts are used for a variety of reasons:
- So we can properly target and personalize i4cp content to your preferences
- Send you email updates about new research, i4cp products, and events
- Send you research survey invitations
- Internal research and development purposes
- Internal analytics and audits
Personal information provided via research surveys are used for a variety of reasons:
- To minimize the need to send you follow-up emails and reminders
- To send you research reports and/or other incentives for completing a survey
- To contact you in case we have further questions or would like to interview about a given topic (we won’t do this unless you opt in to be contacted by a research analyst)
- Internal analytics
When do we share personal data?
We consider your personal data private and confidential. Your name/contact information will never be associated with any research responses you provide to us.
It is our policy to not share personally identifiable information, including email addresses, with third parties.
How do you store and protect my data?
Security is of an utmost concern to us, and we use industry-standard security measures:
- to protect data against accidental loss
- to prevent unauthorized access, use, destruction or disclosure
- to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- to restrict access to personal information
We store and process data within the United States, subject to the applicable laws.
We do use a small number of third-party, cloud-based platforms to manage data and communicate with customers, as is common for most organizations. The data is protected according to their privacy policies and security measures, and is exclusively available to i4cp. Should there be any change to the third-party processors, i4cp will provide written notice to Member. If any changes to the third-party, cloud-based platforms are not agreeable to Member, the Member may terminate this agreement and seek pro-rata refund of fees paid.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your personal data on file for various lengths of time, depending on your or your organization’s relationship with us:
- We keep all data related to user accounts for an unlimited length of time.
- We keep data in our marketing platform, which could include individuals who have downloaded a research report, contacted us, attended a webinar, or otherwise interacted with us, for up to two years. After two years of inactivity, and sometimes sooner, we delete such records from our system.
We respect the rights of individuals to access and control their personal data. If you are concerned about how your data is stored, or want to see what is stored, you may request access to such information. Users with active accounts on the i4cp website (through an active i4cp enterprise membership) may login and view and update the data in their online profile. If you are subscribed to receive emails from i4cp, you may click on the “Email preferences” link at the bottom of any i4cp email to view and update your data.
Upon request, we will permanently delete your user record from our system(s).
Cookies—text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaivor information—are used on the i4cp website and necessary for some features of the i4cp website to work.
- Maintain a consistent user experience for members of i4cp.
- Monitor activity (or inactivity) as it relates to the i4cp experience
- Advertising, in limited cases
We often link to articles and content hosted on third party websites. We do not endorse information on other websites, and that content is subject to the privacy policies available on those websites.
How can you contact us?