Organizations need their future human capital leaders ready for their next career step. Both existing and aspiring HR leaders must be prepared to deal with a multitude of responsibilities—some of which they’ve likely had limited or no experience with at this stage in their careers.
From partnering with the Board of Directors, to understanding compensation structures and learning theory, building CEO trust, setting a strategic talent vision, analyzing workforce readiness, and how diversity, equity, & inclusion should weave into strategy, practice, and policy, every future leader has knowledge gaps they need to close.
i4cp’s Up Next Cohort develops CHRO readiness capability through core content, speakers, research, case studies, and network building. Designed by experienced CHROs and endorsed by i4cp’s Chief HR Officer Board, the Up Next Cohort is an annual development opportunity for HR leaders who are just one step away from their next big leap.
The Cohort is an annual opportunity–which kicks-off with two in-person sessions prior to the i4cp Next Practices Now Conference on March 27, 2023–and is limited to 20 participants. The remaining sessions will run from April through September in a virtual setting.).
Dave Gartenberg, former CHRO of Avanade and Slalom Consulting and Nina Holtsberry, Director of Member Engagement, at i4cp, are the facilitators.
- Business Acumen for HR Leaders
- People Strategy and Organizational Design
- Executive Compensation and Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Culture
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Workforce Planning
- People Analytics
- Capstone Project Presentations
The Ideal Up Next Cohort Candidate
- Currently in an HRLT or business leadership role at a Fortune 1000 company
- Aspires to the CHRO role when/ if the opportunity becomes available
- Dedicates up to 80 hours of prep and meeting time over the 7 months of the cohort course
- Contributes to the peer group with enthusiasm and engagement