3M Corporation was awarded the Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp) 2011 Member of the Year today during a presentation at the i4cp 2011 Annual Conference. This award is presented annually to an i4cp member company that has demonstrated unique and successful programs to increase workforce productivity within their organization.
Karen B. Paul, Ph.D., Manager, Talent Solutions, received the award.
"3M is incredibly honored to receive i4cp's Member of the Year Award," said Paul. "Given 3M's continued commitment to maintaining an engaged and innovative workforce, it's great to be recognized by the Institute for Corporate Productivity for our accomplishments and dedication to high performance."
3M, a longtime member of i4cp, was awarded for its focus on developing engagement and innovation over the last five years. During the last few years, 3M has rekindled its creativity and reinvigorated its innovation engine. Engaged 3M employees around the world are using the company's vast technology platforms to develop innovative solutions.
Supported by the executive team, 3M's HR team developed a strategy to tackle a variety of engagement and innovation issues they identified, which included:
- Providing trust and engagement training and education to supervisors
- Opening channels of communication to jumpstart innovation
- Building awareness and participation in 3M programs focused on the environment, individual health and community involvement
- More closely linking pay to performance
These and other workforce improvements are outlined in an article co-authored by Paul in the January 2011 edition of HR Magazine.
"Awarding just a few of the many great members we have in our network is never easy, but 3M stood out for its devotion to innovation and productivity through an efficient, engaged workforce," said Kevin Oakes, CEO of i4cp.
Two other member organizations also received awards at the conference:
- The 2011 High Performance Award was presented to Flextronics International, for demonstrating commitment to high performance both in utilization of i4cp membership and market growth; and
- The 2011 New Member of the Year Award was awarded to ConAgra Foods, for extensive utilization of i4cp membership, involvement in the i4cp network and dedication to achieving high performance.
"It's a great honor to receive i4cp's New Member Award. We value the breadth of knowledge and research i4cp provides ConAgra Foods and look forward to working closely with them in the future," said Jackie Drown, Director of Organizational Development for ConAgra Foods. "Frankly, if we were to cancel our i4cp membership, our team would have an uprising."