The latest TrendWatcher
is here, and this time we've focused on work teams. In i4cp's recent Taking the Pulse: Teams
survey, we asked companies about virtual teams, the usefulness of teams in general and the obstacles and advantages that work teams present. Author and i4cp analyst Donna Bear derived six key findings from the responses:
- Virtual teams are a vital and growing part of the business landscape.
- Teams are entrusted with strategic responsibilities as well as day-to-day business.
- Organizations admit to a broad array of team-related stumbling blocks.
- The advantages gained from work teams far outweigh the challenges.
- Effective teams require a diverse list of competencies and communication skills.
- Learning to operate as a team requires leadership training and attention.
about these findings and some recommendations on how to use this research to your organization's advantage.