"It now appears likely that real gross domestic product will not grow much, if at all, over the first half of 2008 and could even contract slightly."
- Ben S. Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve
Economic downturn is in the air, and many companies are facing a mandate to "cut budget." According to the Labor Department, 80,000 net jobs were lost during the month of March, the biggest loss in five years. It may be time for organizations to brush up on regulations regarding downsizing and identify other ways to reduce costs.
One challenge is that many of today's managers have not experienced
the threat of uncertainty or a serious economic downturn. i4cp can help, as it has for the last 40 years, by providing executives, managers and staff with a comprehensive understanding of workforce productivity issues.
With a unique blend of peer networking and research, i4cp helps several of the most respected corporations in the world make critical workforce decisions, in good times and bad. With a recession all but formally here, now is the time to take advantage of i4cp's experience to reduce costs, improve productivity and increase your company's bottom line.
Here are some specific ways members can reduce costs and maintain decision quality with i4cp membership:
- Reduce or eliminate hiring outside consultants. Many i4cp members have saved thousands of dollars by using the i4cp network of experts, peers and thought leaders instead of hiring expensive consultants.
- Leverage and grow your staff's expertise. i4cp has experts in 65 human capital categories your entire team can have access to.
- Benchmark and compare against what companies most like yours are doing under similar circumstances. We regularly survey our membership to provide benchmarks against what our members are doing against other similar companies.
- Reduce the need to attend trade shows by relying i4cp's member network to provide information you might find at such events. In many cases, for less than the cost of sending your team to conferences, you can have access to expert information through i4cp's network of peers, thought leaders and human capital experts.
With our enterprise-wide membership, every key human capital executive responsible for leading people gains access to the world's largest private network of corporations focused on improving workforce productivity. View a small example of how we provide advice to our members which saved members from having to incur outside vendor costs.