SEATTLE, WA (September 10, 2008) - It's a fact: over the next 10 years, a large percentage of the labor force will be eligible for retirement. Today, many companies are already anticipating a steady decline in qualified employees available to fill key leadership roles which will soon be vacated. In addition, many of these same companies are finding high potential employees are becoming more difficult to retain in today's increasingly competitive job market. Whatever the reason, when the employee walks out the door, so does valuable information and assets for the future in which the organization has invested a great deal of time and money.
Through an exclusive group of peer companies, and backed by the latest comprehensive industry research, the Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp) is tackling this issue through the launch of the Knowledge Retention Accelerator™, a revolutionary program aimed at helping companies to improve knowledge retention throughout their organization. Utilizing a unique combination of benchmarking, assessment, applied research and collaboration with experts and peers, the program is designed to help organizations retain their most important asset: the knowledge that resides in the heads of their workforce.
"Our new Knowledge Retention Accelerator combines i4cp's acclaimed research with tailored assessments and our analyst's expertise with focused information on knowledge retention practices and trends," said Mary Key, i4cp's Leadership Director who is heading up the program. "The beauty of this program is that participants will receive expert advice without the expense and duration of a costly consulting engagement. I'm looking forward to working with our member companies to help efficiently solve one of today's most pressing and perplexing issues."
Participants will compare benchmark results to high performing organizations, identify the areas that have the greatest impact on business objectives and receive guidance on how to improve current and future knowledge retention initiatives. Specifics of the program include:
- Exclusive, limited participation - To achieve the highest level of customization, interaction and access to experts, the program is limited to a small number of participating companies; vendors or consultants are not eligible
- Organizational assessment - Participants will take an assessment to gauge knowledge retention levels and programs in their organizations
- Comparative benchmarking - The knowledge retention practices of participating companies will be benchmarked against other high-performing companies
- Knowledge Retention Playbook - In order to apply research and theory to practice, companies will direct the development of an implementation "playbook," complete with actionable strategies and real-world examples
- Exclusive knowledge retention conference - Participants will meet with peers from other organizations and industry experts to review and analyze best practices and findings
- Access to i4cp's Strategy Pillar - All participants will receive enterprise access to a robust collection of research, industry examples, discussions and tools centered around i4cp's 12 strategy categories, from corporate restructuring to human capital measurement and strategy execution
More details are available to interested companies by contacting i4cp at (866) 375-i4cp or via email
. Additionally, i4cp is hosting a complimentary webinar titled "Where Has All the Knowledge Gone?
" on September 17, 2008 at 1pm EDT (10am PDT). The webinar, presented by Mary Key, will discuss the results of i4cp's studies on knowledge transfer, phased retirement and succession planning and how to retain company knowledge.
About i4cp, inc.i4cp is the world's largest private network of corporations focused on improving workforce productivity.
Our vendor-free community facilitates innovation by giving our members - among the largest and most respected organizations in the world - access to:
- Peers to spark new ideas and prevent "reinventing the wheel"
- Research to enable members to understand current practices and next practices
- Tools to put ideas and research into action
- Technology to enable members to easily access tailored information and execute workforce strategies.
With more than 40 years of experience and the industry's largest team of human capital analysts, i4cp is the definitive destination for organizations seeking innovative ways to improve workforce productivity.Contact informationSales, account services and general inquiry
Phone: (866) 375-i4cpPress contact
i4cp, inc. firstname.lastname@example.org