At April's Performance Management Exchange meeting we had a lively discussion on how organizations are re-designing how we communicate in the new hybrid workplace - because communication is the foundation of a great Performance Management approach!
Key takeaways and ideas:
- Design meeting set ups with the remote coworker in mind so that they feel included
- Many organizations are opening up their physical spaces for collaboration and psychological comfort
- Companies are offering benefits for those that are onsite to make being there more attractive - free food, services like hair salons, personal storage spaces when hoteling
- Focus on the more noble aspects of the work your organization may do, take pride in your contribution to the “greater good”
- Consciously set up meetings so that time spent on site has maximum gained associated with it - great time for PM conversations!
- Welcome those that were hired during the pandemic so that they become part of the corporate culture!
Our meeting highlight was an overview of the newest i4cp research release, Flexibility or Flight: Hybrid Strategies to Attract & Retain Talent We were joined by Katheryn Brekken, Sr Analyst from the research team for our own spin on the findings.
She referred to several pieces of research during the call. Here are links:
One Size Fits One Blog: https://www.i4cp.com/productivity-blog/one-size-fits-one?search_id=419811
Getting Hybrid Work Right call link for April 14: https://www.i4cp.com/meetings/getting-hybrid-work-right-4-14
Designing New Workplaces: Optimizing the Office for Hybrid Work: https://www.i4cp.com/briefs/designing-new-workplaces-optimizing-the-office-for-hybrid-work?search_id=419818
THE TALENT IMPERATIVE: EARLY LOOK: https://www.i4cp.com/survey-analyses/the-talent-imperative-early-look?search_id=419819
The JamBoard from the call: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1x1Xp2iKJC_qYHev58ayIWoKrJGs7r6Bxx01gZVdnCXQ/viewer?f=0
Thank you for the comments and sharing from a wide variety of industries. The presentation can be viewed by clicking on the Download Now button.
This meeting is exclusively for members of the Performance Management Exchange.
If you'd like to participate, please contact us to see if you qualify.
If you are an i4cp member, please log in to access the registration/meeting details.
This event is approved for certification credits.