At our May virtual meeting we looked at a new tool from i4cp Research: The Upskilling and Reskilling Guidebook. We viewed a video presentation by i4cp Senior Research Analyst, Tom Stone. The Board had a great discussion of the Upskilling/Reskilling Guide and shared their own experiences. It is worth a listen if you missed it. Some of the major themes were:
- The biggest enabler and the biggest barrier is time. It is only effective if you make U/R a business imperative and set aside the time.
- Everyone needs to understand why we are doing it. Are the reasons market driven? Is it for readiness? Mobility? Retention? Something Else?
- Focus on the roles that are differentiators and consider crowdsourcing for everyone else.
- Success depends on transparency and trust.
- Only do what you can sustain.
The Board asked for a special meeting to have a further discussion of the Guide Book on Internal Mobility.
The Chief Learning & Talent Officer Board is reserved exclusively for the senior-most talent & learning executive in organizations. It is designed to serve as a true Board of Directors for the function and ensure its members are in the driver seat of organizational innovation.
This meeting is exclusively for members of the Chief Learning & Talent Officer Board.
If you'd like to participate, please contact us to see if you qualify.
If you are an i4cp member, please log in to access the registration/meeting details.