The November CLTO Board meeting was a robust discussion of EVP, led by three member companies, each at different stages and with their own unique approach. Betsey Stroble shared how Trane Technologies (about a year into their effort) uncovered the unique experiences of different key employee segments and what drove those experiences. Guest Jon Folkestad showed how UHG (more than 2 years into their project) picked a single critical employee group and did a deep dive, creating a vast number of critical metrics they used to improve their employee experience. And Teri Hart from Zurich NA reflected on progress made in the last five years on the employee experience elements their employees told them were most critical. Among the many insights shared were:
- Communication is important but focus on actions.
- It can make a huge difference to start with a narrow focus and build from there.
- Let employees tell you what is critical to their experience.
- Perhaps the greatest leverage point is working with frontline managers.
- The best measure may be employees’ reported sense of belonging.
- You must get onboarding right.
The Chief Learning & Talent Officer Board is reserved exclusively for the senior-most talent & learning executive in organizations. It is designed to serve as a true Board of Directors for the function and ensure its members are in the driver seat of organizational innovation.
This meeting is exclusively for members of the Chief Learning & Talent Officer Board.
If you'd like to participate, please contact us to see if you qualify.
If you are an i4cp member, please log in to access the registration/meeting details.