Senior i4cp analyst Donna Bear sat down with Total Picture Radio
's Peter Clayton to discuss her latest TrendWatcher
titled, "HR: An Executive Training Ground?" The article examined the unexpected choice Microsoft and LinkedIn made in the last few years of selecting business leaders with no direct HR experience to head their HR departments. These selections begged the question: is HR expertise not necessary?
In his interview, Peter asks Donna such as questions as:
Listen to the podcast now.
- Why focus on Microsoft and LinkedIn's selections?
- What are your thoughts on these appointments?
- What do these selections imply about C-suite attitudes regarding the HR profession?
- Why is HR so heavily populated by women, with almost a 3:1 margin?
- Do you think HR is doing anything to counteract the popular article by Keith Hammonds, "Why We Hate HR?"