Chair, People Analytics Board
Patti Phillips is president and CEO of ROI Institute, Inc., and chair of i4cp's People Analytics Board. A renowned leader in measurement and evaluation, she works with organizations in 60 countries around the world. Patti serves on the board of Center for Talent Reporting and is an ATD CPLP Certification Institute Fellow. She also serves on the faculty of the UN System Staff College in Turin, Italy, and The University of Southern Mississippi's Ph.D. in Human Capital Development program, where she helps human resources and learning pracitioners develop capability in measurement, evaluation, and human capital analytics. Her work has been featured on CNBC, EuroNews, and in over a dozen business journals.
Patti has authored and co-authored a variety of books and research reports in the area of human capital. Recent books include:
- Chief Talent Officer (Routledge, 2017)
- Handbook of Training Evaluation and Measurement Methods, 4th ed. (Routledge, 2016)
- Accountability in Human Resource Management, 2nd ed. (Routledge, 2016)
- Measuring the Success of Employee Engagement (ATD, 2016)
- Real World Training Evaluation (ATD, 2016)
- High-Impact Human Capital Strategy (AMACOM, 2015)
- Making Human Capital Analytics Work (McGraw-Hill, 2015)
- Measuring the Success of Leadership Development (ATD Press, 2015)
- Measuring ROI in Environment, Health and Safety (Scrivener Publishing, 2014)
- Measuring ROI in Employee Relations and Compliance (SHRM, 2014)
- Measuring the Success of Organization Development (ATD Press, 2013)
- Survey Basics (ASTD, 2013)
- Measuring the Success of Sales Training (ATD Press, 2013)
- Measuring ROI in Healthcare (McGraw-Hill, 2012)
- Measuring Leadership Development: Quantify your Program's Impact and ROI on Organizational Performance (McGraw-Hill, 2012)
Recent research includes:
- i4cp and ROI Institute (2016) The Promising State of Human Capital Analytics.
- Young, M. & Phillips, P. P. (2015) Big Data Does Not Mean Big Brother: Employee Trust and The Next Generation of Human Capital Analytics. The Conference Board, Research Report 1582-15-RR.
- Phillips, P. P. & Ray, R. L. (2014). Human Capital Analytics @ Work, Volume 1. The Conference Board, Research Report 1556-14-RR.
- Ray, R. L., Mitchell, C., Abel, A. L., Phillips, P. P., Lawson, E., Hancock, B., Watson, A. & Weddle, B., (2012). The State of Human Capital 2012: False Summit: Why the Human Capital Function Still Has Far to Go. McKinsey & Company and The Conference Board, Research Report 1501-12-RR.
- Fiz-enz. J. Phillips, P. P. and Ray, R. L. (2012). Human Capital Analytics: A Primer. The Conference Board, Research Report 1500-12-RR.