Successful HR business partners need to be able to interact with others effectively across all management levels and job disciplines. This requires specific skills and abilities that need to adapt to different internal customers and scenarios. In this session, the first of three HRBP Development Cohort webinars, i4cp’s VP of Research Lorrie Lykins explored relationship and interpersonal capabilities and how to develop them, such as:
- Establishing trusting and productive relationships with business leaders
- Establishing trusting and productive relationships with HR leaders and peers
- Clearly communicating business and HR information in writing and orally
- Establishing rapport in 1-on-1 presentations and with small groups
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Listening deeply for comprehension
- Communicating and influencing high ethical standards throughout the organization.
- Serving as a role model for respectfulness, fairness, showing empathy and inclusion.