In this week’s episode of Leading the Way, Norm Miller, Chairman & Former CEO at Interstate Batteries, the #1 replacement brand battery company in North America, talks about customer focus, culture, and purpose.
Kevin Oakes, i4cp's CEO, also joins the broadcast to discuss the importance of leadership in building and sustaining a robust culture and generating a sense of purpose.
- On customer focus: “Treat customers and suppliers the way they want to be treated and develop the team to live it in business and in life.”
- On purpose: “The purpose is to be honest with each other and be a team. We accomplish this by working together.”
- On culture: “People say, ‘I can tell you work for Interstate Batteries because you’re smiling.’ Often people come back to work for us and say how rough it is out there.”
- On employee engagement: “Transparency is my nature. I try to put myself in the place of others with the responsibility I have to honor the agreement we have when we brought them onboard.”
- On employee retention: “We try to make everything clear on what we want to accomplish, make it visible and reward it as a team effort.”
About Leading the Way
Leading the Way is a weekly radio and podcast series that highlights influential business leaders and leading people practices from i4cp. Hosted by Emmy-award winning radio host Scott Murray and i4cp's Angel Carlton, the show feature interviews with respected business leaders, from Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt to "Shark Tank" investor Mark Cuban.
The show airs live each Sunday at 4pm CT on KLIF 570 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and debuts on the i4cp website the following week.