Cariloop is a fine example of companies using High Tech High Touch in their customer experience and CEO Michael Walsh openly shares their innovative business model, otherwise known as their Value-Centric Organization (VCO) Model. In this episode of Leading the Way we take a close look at the aging generation and the startling statistics on how one in five employee caregivers today are impacting a productive workforce.
Michael Walsh shares his entrepreneurial spirit and clearly demonstrates the future of leadership. We discuss his views on values, innovation and the importance of purpose as the foundation t o build a strong culture. This may be a new company, but Cariloop is certainly leading the way and proving what high performing organizations are capable of.
- On purpose – “One of the things as a first-time entrepreneur that I failed to properly recognize was the necessity for defining your purpose, your cause, what the company stands for. And in not doing this I almost killed the company.”
- On leadership – “It’s not up to me to scale it, it’s up to all of us to pass these things to the next people that we bring onto the team, the next person that has to teach these principles to the next person and the next person. It can’t always be from the ivory tower. Again, it’s got to be inside out.”
- Advice to young professional - “Focus hard on when you tell someone you’re going to do something, when you say you’re going to show up, when you say hey, I’ll send you this link, do it. It builds that trust and integrity with a customer, a potential investor, a partner, a potential employee, whoever it is, just deliver on your promises, do what you say you’re going to do.”
- On high tech high touch – “This whole idea of balancing that touch and tech and adding that element of that healthcare cushion piece to the platform really was birthed out of those insights with technology’s not enough to solve this problem. Technology’s meant to empower the humans, not replace the humans.”
- On core values - “All our business functions interweave through those core values (service, empathy, innovation, integrity) which creates that cross-collaboration between departments, and you build that mutual respect and understanding for how the business actually works.”
About Leading the Way
Leading the Way is a weekly radio show and podcast series that highlights influential business leaders and leading people practices from i4cp. Co-hosted by Emmy Award-winning television anchor and radio host, Scott Murray, and i4cp’s Angel Carlton, the show features interviews with respected business leaders from the world of business, sports, entertainment, healthcare and philanthropy.
The show airs live every Sunday at 4 pm CT on KLIF 570 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, the global audience is invited to listen live on www.klif.com and the weekly podcast debuts on iTunes or Google Play and the i4cp website the following week.