Many employers have prioritized DE&I since 2020. Fulfilling pledges to advance DE&I has proved trickier for some than others. In this meeting, we approached that topic and were able to:
- Hold space for the events that have impacted our communities such as the anniversary of George Floyd’s death and the recent mass shooting in Buffalo, NY.
- Consider how companies are approaching the upcoming Juneteenth federal holiday.
- Highlight two resources to check out— Black Tech Street and OneTen.
- Examine how investment in and commitment to DE&I strategies impacts several elements of the employee value proposition (data from The Talent Imperative study).
- Learn about the newly launched People & Culture Resource Center at Seattle Children’s Hospital, which was created in response to feedback from BIPOC employees with the goal of enhancing inclusion, belonging, and health equity across the organization.
We also heard great insights including:
- We should consider how to work directly in the community to advance DE&I, not just internally in our organizations.
- We still need to hold space and listen. We can use technology to connect our physical distances AND we need to move more towards action.
- Some organizations have or expanded benefits to boost well-being such as all-company holidays, for example—structured time off that allows everyone to take the same day or week off.
i4cp's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Exchange provides a secure venue for a wide range of peer practitioners to engage in thought-provoking and innovative discussions focused on best and next practices.
Co-facilitated by i4cp Member Leader Julie Curtin, Director, Organizational Effectiveness, Borg Warner, the group supports D&I leaders to be a voice to executives, educate HRBPs to be allies and advocates, and develop supporting tools and playbooks to scale next practices.
This meeting is exclusively for members of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Exchange.
If you'd like to participate, please contact us to see if you qualify.
If you are an i4cp member, please log in to access the registration/meeting details.