Corporate Fact Sheet
Who We Are
The Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp) is the world's largest vendor-free network of corporations focused on the people management practices that make high-performance organizations unique. Our exclusive community facilitates innovation by giving our members - among the largest and most respected organizations in the world - access to four critical components: 1) peers, 2) research, 3) tools and 4) data.
What We Do
i4cp focuses on the people management practices that make high-performing organizations unique. Years of research make it clear that top companies approach their workforces differently. At i4cp, we work with our network organizations to:
- Reveal what high-performance organizations are doing differently
- Identify best and next practices for all levels of management
- Provide the resources to show how workforce improvements have bottom-line impact
i4cp member organizations include many of the world's best-known companies, as well as small to medium size companies, who share one goal: improving the productivity of the workforce. Today, almost two-thirds of our members are Fortune 500 organizations. Members include notable organizations such as:
- The U.S. Department of the Navy
- FedEx Express
- Federal Reserve System
- General Electric
- View more
For over 40 years, i4cp was known as the Human Resource Institute (HRI), which was founded in 1967 at the University of Michigan by Rensis Likert (creator of the Likert scale) and George Odiorne (creator of "MBO" or "management by objectives") among others. In 2007, HRI became the Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp) in order to address a full range of workplace productivity issues and more broadly appeal to leaders at all levels within organizations. View a full chronology.
Partners and Joint Research
Because of the size and experience of our research staff, and the rigor of our research process, i4cp works with several partner organizations, including:
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) - we produce the majority of ASTD's research.
- The Human Resource Planning Society (HRPS) - members receive limited access to i4cp's website and services, and also participate in joint research.
- Center for Effective Organizations (CEO) - members receive limited access to i4cp's website and services, and also participate in joint research.
- American Management Association (AMA) - we conduct regular research for AMA.
Our Management Team
i4cp has a respected management team, an experienced board of directors and several executives in residence who help guide i4cp's initiatives and provide expert insight to our members. The management team includes:
Chief Executive Officer
Senior Vice President, Research
Senior Vice President, Sales
Mary Kate Salley
Senior Vice President, Member Services
Vice President, Finance
Our research operations are based in St. Petersburg, Florida, and our headquarters is in Seattle, Washington. Our headquarters address is:
411 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98104
Contact us via email